Friday, August 3, 2007

Some Irish quotes - Enjoy!

"The Irish don't know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it” - Sidney Littlewood

“Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.Lullabies, dreams and love ever after. Poems and songs with pipes and drums. A thousand welcomes when anyone comes... That's the Irish for you!” (boy does that sum me up!)

“Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat” - Alex Levin

“Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other ten percent I'll probably waste.” (Hah! I love it!)

I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no "brief candle" for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
G.B. Shaw

"A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart."
Jonathan Swift

For your sweet sake, I will ignore
Every girl who takes my eye,
if it's possible, I implore
You do the same for me.
(Oh God, I love it!)

It's a good thing to be able to take up your money in your hand and to think no more of it when it slips away from you than you would of a trout that would slip back into the stream.
Lady Augusta Gregory

Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.C.S. Lewis

Father O'Malley was going through the post one day. Drawing a single sheet of paper from an envelope, he found written on it just one word: "FOOL." The next Sunday at Mass, he announced, "I have known many people who have written letters and forgot to sign their names. But this week I received a letter from someone who signed his name and forgot to write a letter."

We can't win at home, we can't win away. As general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play.
Jock Brown - Celtic General Manager.

No comments: