Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Manager

Well, don't take it too seriously, that's really about all the advice I can give myself or anyone else. What a funny job I have now. Everything is a mess and not only do I have to learn the business from scratch but I have to fix everything that is effed up. Annnd, I have to implement all of the systems that haven't even been looked at or kept up.

Aiyeiyi (not sure how to spell that one).

But, the good news is, my life is wonderful. I know I say this over and over, but I'm young, healthy, happy and well taken care of, so what the hell is there to complain about? Well, my most important 'task' right now is to maintain perspective and not allow idiotic work related events to effect my psyche. Know what i mean??

If not, good for you, you have a calm job.

The only truly tough part for me right now is keeping it all straight. There is so much new stuff happening and so much chaos at work that it is hard to even keep things straight and focused. I've never had a job that required me to be this extremely desicive and action-oriented, it's really pretty interesting. I have to stop typing now to creat a 'closing checklist' for the store,

Peace, love and rock and roll. Or whatever you believe in.

Live your life and have fun, it's over too quick.

M

No comments: