Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What blog?

Oh, that's right...I have a blog...

Seriously though, I haven't put a post up since my marathon race-review, but that's because I just woke up...

Ok, maybe not, but I swear, I've never had such a rough recovery in my life (I suppose the beer and coffee doesn't help...)...as I take a swig of Boonville Amber...

In any case, I have been very busy. Real estate has been rediculous lately, lots of work, which is great and at the same time bad, you know?

I love my job! It's so wonderful to be able to connect with people, help them, earn a living, AND have the time to work out like a lunatic.

My buddy Chris Rhodes (Rhodey) and I did the Start Global Cooling Triathlon this last Saturday...He took first place and I took second, but I have the excuse of having my first marathon soreness in my legs! I'm taking him down in two weeks at the Issaquah Tri,

We both went up to 5 mile lake today and swam around it, took about 30 minutes, and we're both totally sore in the shoulders from it. I want to get out there every other day from here on out (now that it's above 40 degrees) :)

I just talked to Rhodey and we're going to do a big 65 mile ride tomorrow morning, start in Puyallup, head through Orting up to Enumclaw, then through Black Diamond, Covington, Auburn and Sumner, back home. Sweet! It's going to take another year or so, but I seriously believe Rhodey and I can be on the podium at big triathlons, we can be that good, we just need to train more. He's a total natural, he ran the Tacoma Half Marathon a week or so ago and placed 5th! Only missed 4th by 1 second! And that was his first half marathon race! The guy is a total natural, it's up to me to keep up with him, but that's why I purchased my new perfect weapon...

Race wheels my friend, race wheels. NO joke, I'm finally a big boy, with my very own set of actual race wheels, and I am going to blow the top off of other guys with them, it's like going from a mountain bike to a road bike,

I have to wait for a new hub and cassette to come in (the end of the week), but next week I'm going to rock them all night long (ok, all day long). For some reason that reminds me of Happy Gilmore,

"I wanna touch you all over...and over and again....bah bah bah, till the night closes in! Till the night closes in!"

Ok, that's a good place to stop, I've scared some people,

Mike

No comments: